The Fourth Industrial Revolution is NOW!
This new age is being redefined by technology
Before we go too far…
What is a Revolution?
The Merriam-Webster dictionary defines revolution as “a sudden, radical, or complete change.”
Yet, the Fourth Industrial Revolution is not sudden!
But, this revolution is going to be radical and will change the way we live, work and communicate unlike anything we’ve seen before!
The first industrial revolution used water and steam, the second used electric power and the third used electronics and IT to automate production.
NOW, the fourth industrial revolution will break down the walls between the physical, digital, and biological worlds!
All this made possible with advancements in the field of science & technology which has built a base for the revolution that is being led by artificial intelligence, machine learning, big data and robots shattering the way every industry functions.
And here’s what’s to come…
Five big opportunities for us in the Hospitality Industry:
1. ChatBots – Mobile hotel check-in features and ChatBots are only a few examples that will help free employees from monotonous jobs that will help focus more of their time on their products and customers.
2. Artificial Intelligence (AI) – Will help the waiter recognize the guest even before he or she enters your restaurant along with a brief about the guest’s last few visits…
3. Robots – Robots are currently used for cutting, pick-and-placing & packaging of food. As we head in this new age, robots will and in some places are already developed and allow order picking and food preparation (eggs at the breakfast buffet)
Creators at a startup have already introduced the world’s first transparent burger robot that prepares the world freshest burger as it doesn’t even grind the meat or cut the vegetables until you have placed your order and all this at $7. This not only enhances speed but also delivers a very consistency product and if history is an indicator to anything then robots are more effective than humans
4. 3D Food Printing -A healthy and environment friendly way to convert alternative ingredients such as proteins from algae, beet leaves, or insects into tasty products.
5. Gene Editing – More flavor, disease free, zero allergens, a bigger yield while being all natural sounds like the dream, right? Scientists are working on ways to cut out certain bits of DNA in natural foods to control traits.